Vision Arts applying organizations must be nonprofit institutions that promote tourism or have an economic impact within Tulsa through programs, exhibits, and/or performances. Applying organizations must be principally located within the limits of the City of Tulsa and must have 501(c)(3) status or fiscal sponsorship. Informational resources about the Vision Arts grants are available at this website: http://tulsaplanning.org/VISIONarts
Divided into north and south portions, THE GALLERY at ahha is a 4400 square foot contemporary environment designed to support and affirm the furthest reaches of artistic vision. Ahha Tulsa does not have a permanent collection. By design, we host an ever-changing series of exhibitions. We are committed to showing the work of artists with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and opinions and to providing a safe space to discuss artists’ work and intentions. THE GALLERY is located on the first floor of ahha Tulsa Hardesty Center.
Ahha invites US based artists/collectives working in all visual arts media to propose original exhibition concepts that feature the work of two or more artists for THE GALLERY at ahha. We are not seeking solo exhibition proposals at this time.
Exhibitions selected by The Exhibition Committee will be on view for two-month periods throughout 2022. Exact dates are TBD.
Exhibiting Artist Benefits
· Artists will retain 70% of art sales
· Artists will receive up to 15 hours of installation assistance from a professional Preparator
· Exhibition will be publicized via the ahha Tulsa website, social media, and e-news
· Exhibiting artists will receive unlimited free admission to ahha Tulsa during the run of the exhibition
· Each exhibition comes with a $1000 unrestricted stipend for exhibition/artist support
Exhibiting Artist Expectations
· Transport work to and from ahha Tulsa in person
· Assist with exhibition layout and installation
· Promptly communicate with ahha Tulsa staff in regards to exhibition
· Work collaboratively with ahha Tulsa staff to plan interpretive content and public programming
· Ensure submitted work meets the ahha Tulsa content policy
Submissions will be juried by the ahha Tulsa Exhibition Committee. This committee is comprised of ahha staff/board, curators, art historians, professional artists, and other art/museum professionals and supporters from Tulsa and beyond. Proposals will be judged based on the following criteria:
Originality (5) – Is the exhibition the artists’ unique vision? Does the proposed artwork demonstrate creativity and imagination?
Cohesion (5) – Is the exhibition organized around a cohesive theme or themes?
Audience Appeal (5) – Does this exhibition appeal to a wide variety of audiences? Is the exhibition interesting and relevant to the Tulsa community?
Quality (5) – Is the work in the exhibition of the highest professional quality?
Learning Value (5) – Does the exhibition inform/educate the community? Does this exhibition bring insight to cultural, historical, social or other contemporary issues?
Total Points Possible: 25
The key contact for the exhibition proposal will be notified of acceptance or decline via email by December 3rd, 2021.
Application deadline: November 5th, 2021